I’m so inspired by this review of The Law of Success by Tom Rapsas, that I’d like to share it here for all those looking for a motivational read. Tom Rapsas, is the author of Life Tweets, and Spirituality blogger
@Patheos (Wake Up Call) and @ContemplativeJ.
9 Life Tips from a Tiny Book that’s Spiritual Dynamite.
It measures a little over 5 inches by 3 ½ inches and is only 39 pages long. You can comfortably read it in about an hour. Yet it’s jam-packed with wisdom and a true Wake Up Call for anyone who has wondered off the spiritual path. It’s The Law of Success, Using the Power of Spirit to Create Health, Prosperity and Happiness by Paramahansa Yogananda.
Perhaps best know for introducing millions of westerners to meditation through his Autobiography of a Yogi, Yogananda penned many books during his lifetime. But for me, The Law of Success is his masterwork because it so concisely sums up what living an active, engaged spiritual life is all about.
Yogandada uses what might best be called the KISS approach (Keep It Simple Silly). And for me his book serves as a guide book to daily living. I pick it up whenever I feel off-kilter and feel the need to get my life back on track. It makes me realize that success is not measured by material wealth, while reminding me of the vital role God plays in the process.
What follows are passages that mean the most to me, strung together as a loose narrative. If you find these compelling, I’d suggest you pick the book up as this only skims the surface. It will be a few dollars well spent.
9 Life Tips from The Law of Success.
- Success is not rightly measured by the worldly standards of wealth, prestige and power…success is measured by the yardstick of happiness.
- Your work can be called a “success” only when in some way it serves your fellowman.
- Develop the powers that God gave you—unlimited powers that flow from the innermost forces of your being.
- Before deciding any important matter, sit in silence, asking the Father for His blessing. Then behind your power is God’s power; behind your will, His will.
- When the consciousness is kept on God, you will have no fears; every obstacle will then be overcome by courage and faith.
- When you do your part and rely on God to do His, you will find that mysterious forces come to your aid and that your constructive wishes soon materialize.
- Along with positive thinking, you should use will power and continuous activity in order to be successful.
- Always be sure, within the calm region of your inner Self, that what you want is right for you to have, and in accord with God’s purposes.
- In order to be happy one should have good health, a well-balanced mind, a prosperous life, the right work, a thankful heart, and, above all, wisdom or knowledge of God.